Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to the grind!

After a relaxing weekend of games with friends on Friday and Sunday night, it was a day of cleaning, grading, cooking, and playing Lord of the Rings on Monday, its back to the grind on Tuesday. It's definately the final countdown for year number 2 as a teacher. I can honestly say that I loved (almost) every minute of it. However, they are still kids and have their good and bad days just like adults do. We are down to 8 school days and a play day left. Hopefully, one of those last days will include watching The Mouse and the Motorcyle as a follow up to reading the book for the past few weeks. I am in for a new adventure, teaching summer school (hopefully) we havent heard yet, taking a trip to Ecuador in July, and starting a new grade level (first). WOW!! Also, be praying for couples who want to join a newly married small group in the fall, Thomas and I are going to lead a group for young couples. We are very excited about where the Lord is taking us. O, yes, and I am joining a gym tmrw, a friend goes there so hopefully we can work out together. I have decided that it is past time to get on the ball with that. Anyways, its late, and obviously work comes early in the morning.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Man, and I thought WE were busy! How come school is lasting so much longer now? Remember the days when we got out in mid-May? What happened to THOSE day?!?! Ok, now I feel old. Good luck on this last week! I think you'll really love 1st grade. I'm almost jealous! :)