Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Holiday Traveling

My Christmas vacation started quickly the day after school got out we left for The Woodlands. My moms' brother David and his fiance Michelle came over, along with my grandpa to have a family meal. I missed seeing Danny my little cousin. I'm gonna have to find the time to go to Austin to see Jenny's new house and visit Danny. The girls then took a trip to lowes because Moms' dish washer decided to break and she had to pick out a new one. The rest of the weekend Thomas, Dad, and I played Lord of the Rings and relaxed. On Monday, I went to the mall with my sister and we picked out a present for our grandmother. My grandmother was arriving that day. By now I was getting antsy because TCU VS BOISE STATE was going to take place the next day December 23rd at 7:00 p.m. I could not wait. Most of you know how avid a TCU fan I am. The game turned out to be one of those nail biters, but in the end we pulled it out from trailing 13-0 to win 17-16!!! GO FROGS!!!! The next morning I got up early to pack for Corpus Christi because I was heading over to Jenny Best (Lewis) parents house. I just had to get her the gift my parents had been holding on to for over a year. This ended up being a good time because Chris and Jenny have just bought a new house and did not have a corningware set of their own. I am so excited for them. I stayed for maybe an hour and then had to get back to the house to get the cars loaded to leave for Corpus.
While in Corpus Thomas and I had lots of playing time. The joke has been that I could not read another book untill all of my five characters were up to level 20. (ps. I've read about 5) Well folks, I did it!!! Christmas morning was the usual, wake up and open gifts with the family. The best one (I think) was the hour massage from my husband, I was so surprised. The second best was a TCU painting that my friend Sam painted for my dad. I am going to post pictures on here so that everyone can see how awesome she did.
Thomas and I arrived in Lafayette at around midnight on Saturday or Sunday if you call it that. We got up Sunday and had lunch with his Dad and then just hung out around the house. On Monday we had lunch at Pizza Village with his grandma. Then we played Lord of the Rings online until time for dinner with his cousin Katherine and her soon to be fiance Jay. We had a great time and even talked about baby names (No people, its not that time just yet). Today we got to eat lunch at Coyote Blues, a mexican restaurant here in town. It is so delicious, I want to bring my family some time. If you recall I mentioned possibly seeing The Sullivans while we were in town, it happened!!! We had a very nice visit at Renee's parents house. Thomas finally got to meet Shane. I cant believe it took 2 years for me to meet their beautiful little girl Abby. Tonight his dad and grandpa got the three Guidry brothers together for dinner at a place called Riverside Inn.
Were getting ready to leave Lousiana and head home. Hopefully we will go to Tabithas house for a New Years Eve get together, but we may be exhausted from all the travelling. On Thursday, we are going to spend time with Blaine and Melanie Watson (Blaine was Thomas' youth minister in highschool). We will also be planning to spend time with Steve and Samantha Peterson our friends that Thomas met through the RX-8 club (yes he is in a car club, its quite fun actually). I am glad that he has found something he can enjoy. Then we are just going to relax on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday before work starts again on Monday. (I must visit the gym as well.) I am looking forward to being at church again. I realize how blessed we are to have such a loving church home and its hard to be away.
I hope everyone had a wonderfully blessed Christmas and wish you a Happy New Year!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Another blog for me to follow. This becomes addicting. I hope you are having a great year.